August 01, 2006


Clock. Moving. Backwards.
Day. Never. Ending.
I don't know what the deal is, but this day is NEVER going to end. I've been at work since 11 this morning. It is now 4:15.
That would be a total of 5 1/2 hours. However. It does not feel like I've been here for 5 1/2 hours. Not even close.
If I had to throw out a rough guesstimate I'd say, oh, 17, 18, maybe 19 hours?? My shift is slightly more than half over. I don't know how I've made it this long.
We've been having busy spurts off and on today. From the second I sat down this morning, we were slammed for the first hour. You'd think that would help the time go faster. I was wrong.
I think part of the travesty is that we got lunch only an hour after getting here. Usually the day is half over by the time we get around to eating. But today, I have nothing to break up the next, now 4 1/2 hours. What ever will I do?
I can only read the obituaries for so long. KSL.com only updates every so often.
I could do some online shopping, but I'm really trying to save the $.
I suppose I'll just have to sit here and suffer. Watch the seconds tick by...

1 comment:

Debra Durfey said...

I have had days like that...in fact I am having one as we speak! I can not tell you how excited I am that you are staffing the next Achemist! We are going to have a blast!