April 10, 2007

So...I don't remember the last time I cleaned so much in one day.
I did not look like this girl afterwards. (Or even beforehand, for that matter.)

Cleaning a whole house is a big deal. I spent the majority of my day washing walls and baseboards. Scrubbing toilets and counters. Mopping floors and scraping nasty, nasty, unknown substances from underneath the stove.
I was informed by my landlord that a single guy lived in the apartment before us.
I believe him.
I've never seen a more gross, disgusting, under-the-stove area in my life. I tried hard not to gag. I could've fed a small country with all the food bits abandoned under there.
I'm thinking whoever lived here before dirty, single guy had kids. I kept finding little surprises wiped on the walls. Do you want to know what those surprises were?
No, you don't, but I'm going to tell you anyway. Dried boogers.
Sick. Nasty. Gross.

I rewarded myself by buying cute, new bathroom stuff. Cute huh.

1 comment:

Em said...

Ah, the joys of wanting your home clean when you are an apartment dweller. I'm constantly finding "surprises" left behind by other people. It IS a little hard to care when it's a rental and doesn't actually belong to you, but on the other hand it IS your home, and there's no time like the present to set a (relatively) high standard of cleanliness and order and sanitary-ness for your home, right?