May 30, 2007

So, I typically think of myself as a clean person. I shower regularly, I keep my bathroom picked up, I wash my bedsheets.
But I was looking around today and realized that I'm not as clean as I thought. At least not recently.
I have 3+ loads of laundry on the floor that I haven't put away. I have trash that needs to be taken out. My room desperately needs to be vacuumed, but I haven't been able to. (We need a new filter for the vacuum, but Walmart has been out of the one we need for weeks now.) I still have boxes I haven't unpacked and a load for DI sitting in the hallway. I have a mile-high stack of junk mail and old receipts clogging up my desk.
I'm kind of puzzled as to why I haven't been able to keep on top of things. I'm either at work or at home. When I'm at home, I'm usually asleep. I have plenty of time to keep my room clean. I just can't bring myself to do it.
I find myself sleeping much more than usual. I know that graveyard shifts are to blame for that, partially. I feel like I need much more sleep than I used to. A 12 hour hibernation is not that farfetched.
I don't know what to make of my newfound uber-laziness. True, I don't have an extensive to-do list. I don't have many other commitments as of late. I don't have a whole heckuva lot to do. So why can't I clean up after myself? I'm pretty good about keeping the rest of my house clean. I pick up the living room, I cycle the dishwasher, I clean my bathroom regularly.
It's just my bedroom that's causing me trauma. What is it about that particular space that just wants to be unkempt? It's probably because it's the only space in the house that is truly "mine." I don't have to keep it clean for fear of angering the roomies.
That doesn't mean that I shouldn't though. I'll have to work on that.
My free time is just so much more enjoyable when I can spend it cuddled up in my bed. Can you blame me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam whats in the di pile?Is there clothes cause if there is I want to look at them.
*/Chloe

samunwritten said...

I already gave you all the good stuff. Trust me.