June 21, 2007


This is my latest piece of mail.
I'm not sure how excited I should allow myself to get. I will admit though, on first glance it is pretty impressive.
I suppose first things first. I owe all my success to Aubrey. Without our your, "Hey, you should enter this photo contest" email, this would never have happened.
I showed it to my dad and of course his first reaction was, well they probably send one of those to everyone who enters in hopes that you will send them money.
That is possibly true. They want me to spend $70 on a book that has my photo in it. I'm sure it'll be some little 2" thumbnail image, but to have my photo published. What an honor.
I'm pretty sure I just bought a new camera and I certainly don't have an extra $70 to spend on some book.
I'm holding out for the $10,000 grand prize. I guess we'll see.


(They're not very easy to read. Click for full detail.)

4 comments:

Em said...

Super-cool! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Sam that's amazing! Can you post the picture so we can see what a contest placing photograph looks like?!

samunwritten said...

It's the photo on the second image.
Or you can look at it here.

Anonymous said...

HOoray!!! that's so exciting! Congradulations and good job. You really are good with the camera, I love your pictuers. :)
Madie