November 06, 2007

I was doing some reflecting today.
I'm back on graveyards again, so I have a lot of free time. I went back and looked at all the photos on my Flickr stream.
I cannot BELIEVE how much I've learned this year. I was looking at my earlier photos and just cringing at some of them. The awful white balance, the over-photoshopped skin, the boring black and whites...
There is so much I would change now.
I remember being so proud of my mad skillz. I obviously didn't know how little I knew. (Does that make sense?)
I often find myself thinking, "I'm not really that great. I want to be amazing, but I'm just average."
But to go back and look at everything I've created this year, it helps reminds me. There are some images that I am really proud of.
I hope I'm never fully satisfied. I want to always do better. I hope to be constantly learning, constantly improving. There is so much knowledge out there. I've only scraped the surface.

1 comment:

Em said...

You are doing some remarkable work. And it's not like anybody ever "arrives" at being talented, or artistic. Everybody is in motion that way.
Oh, and I have serious "new ANYTHING day" envy.
Can't wait to see what your new camera toys can do!