January 01, 2008

Happy Holidays from the Johnsons

As a new year is beginning, I feel I should do some reflecting. I've been reading one of my favorite photo blogs tonight and there are words and feelings in it that strike me from half a world away. (Seriously, read the whole thing and tell me you don't want to stop everything to hug your family.)

I feel that I've grown as a person a lot this year. I've had trials and tears, happiness and joy, and everything in between. There are times I get lost in the day to day, but lately, I've become a person who can stop and look around. I notice beauty everywhere. I notice the grandness of the clouds, the way the moon peeks over the mountains, the way snowflakes sparkle in the sunlight.
I notice little things I never would have. I love that the best part of my day can be a phone call from my Dad or lunch with my Mom, watching a movie with Walker and Chloe or helping Sophie with her reading.

I'm so grateful for so many things.

I love that my parents still love each other. I love that they will always take care of me. I love that I'm on my own, but I know I can always come home.

I love that Taylor is my best friend. I miss him terribly, but I know he's where he's supposed to be. I love knowing that he misses me too.

I love that Walker is growing up. He's becoming smarter and more mature every day. I love that we hang out. We didn't used to.

I love that Chloe is girly. It makes me want to be more girly. I love that she gets excited when I buy a new purse. Boys are never excited about new purses.

I love that Sophie is at all. I love that I can spend a whole day with her and be happy. I love that every scrap of paper floating around my car has a Sophie drawing on it.

I could go on, but I think I've summed it up. I have a lot of blessings in my life. Great friends, a good job, an awesome hobby/business. All of my needs are met, but without my family, I have nothing.
It should be a great year.

3 comments:

$teve said...

That's awesome. Congratulations on your blessings!!!

Cam said...

Feeling gratitude for blessings helps make them all the sweeter.

Anonymous said...

Yep! God does things perfectly. A family is the best place for all of us.