March 26, 2008

I had a crappy encounter today.
Normally I would give the reader's digest version, but I think it will do me good to get it all out. I've still got bad vibes churning inside me.

So here we go. From the top:
My car registration expires this month, so my to-do list for this week includes getting my car inspected. Before taking it in, I knew it had a brake light out. Best be fixing it or I'll waste a trip to the car inspector guy. I bought the bulbs like two months ago, but I'm lazy and never got around to actually changing it. I dug out my one and only screwdriver and attempted to change the light. Lo and behold, I'm a girl and I can't figure out how to get the stupid light cover off so I can change the bulb.
So naturally, I call my dad.
If I come over, will you show me how to fix it?
Yes.
I'm here.
Ok, I'll be out in a few minutes.

Now we reach the climax.
I'm sitting in my car, engine running, listening to the radio, playing with my camera, minding my own FREAKING business.
I notice two men walk past my car. I look up and notice a BMW SUV parked directly behind me. Blocking me in.
Mr. I'm-so-tough-and-badass-in-my-BMW-and-pink-shirt glances at me for a moment and walks towards the building.
Um, HELLO??? Do you not see me? Do you not see my car? It's the purple Corolla parked in front of you!
So I get out at yell after him.
Um, hello? You're parked behind me.
You're in my spot.
*I look around at the seven or so empty spots on either side of me*
Oh, sorry. I was just waiting for someone.
Well, I guess I'll move my car then.
*He marches back to the BMW*

Soooo, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that specific parking spot had #$&@*!& written all over it. Sorry I was in your spot, but you didn't have to be a jerk about it.

Dear Mr. BMW,
I would just like you to know that I took the high road. I was to the point of exploding with anger and I walked away.
You have absolutely no idea how much self restraint it took for me not to slash your tires. You were an ass.

S

3 comments:

Julia said...

"You were in my spot"? EXCUSE ME? Who cares is what I say! Get over yourself! His point wasn't proven by him parking behind you, he was just proving he is an asshole! Good for you Sam!

Anonymous said...

i hate dumb people

$teve said...

I'm proud of you for taking the high road. Good show. :)

That being said, if he does it again, slash his tires. He's been warned.