August 08, 2008

Lake Powell in Polaroid: 1 vacation. 5 days. 10 photos.


Ever wonder what the drive is like? Stare at this photo for four hours and you'll understand.


If you've made it to Ticaboo, you're almost there.
(Note the gas prices. Chloe's exuberance is misleading.)


Bullfrog Bay = we made it!


Now it's playtime. Uncle Russ spent a lot of time fishing with the boys.
Not so much with the girls as they tend to gross us out. Boys and fish.
(Yes, there is a fishing pole there. You have to look closely.)


Lake Powell and cliff jumping are like PB & J.


It was a rather stormy week. Mckenna "worked it" with the wind.
Chloe was apparently terrified.


Cousins! Some of them anyway...


The sum total of our vacation. Dad takes the kids tubing while self-proclaimed "flag girl" Sophie looks on.


The week is not complete until Mom finishes a puzzle. This one took all day.


The whole gang! (Minus me, of course, as I was taking the photo.)

See you next year Lake Powell! It was a blast!

4 comments:

Em said...

Ah, looks like such fun. Someday I'll find myself back there. Somehow.

Chloe said...

Yeah Sam I was terrified of the wind because it could blow us away. And maybe I didn't know what you were up to anyways. And you never told me not to smile in the Ticaboo picture.

KT Hodges said...

Looks like you guys had a really good time! Miss ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sam !

Yesterday I decided I would go to ticaboo. I want to see the space, the sand and the lake, so far from my daily France. Your pics and your funny words prove that it's the good choice. 1 vacation, 1 idea, 1 dive : and my life will never be the same... Thank You Sam !

Max, from Châlons-en-Champagne, France.