August 28, 2007

My birthday ended 9 minutes ago. It's kind of sad that I spent most of the day sleeping. I can't just up and break my whole cycle for just one day!
It's alright though. The part I was awake for was great.
My wonderful friends took me out to dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse! I never thought in all my life I would be able to eat there. I asked my ex once (jokingly, of course) if we could eat there. His reaction was, "Well, if you want me to be sleeping in the gutter. That's the only way I could afford it."
And it's true. The menu was quite pricey. But oh, it was worth every penny.

I have never had such a divine slab of cow flesh pass through my lips. It was incredible. All the food was incredible actually. They have a dish called shoestring potatoes. The were like french fries only the were the thickness of a shoelace. And the asparagus with hollandaise? Delicious. Not to mention their chocolate cake for dessert. Ah, reliving the meal is almost as good as eating it the first time. (Almost.)
My dad is taking me out to dinner tomorrow night and my mom is planning a special trip for the two of us. (And maybe Taylor too, but we'll see.)
I got the new CS3 Photoshop upgrade! I'm so excited. I'll be able to shoot exclusively in RAW and not have to worry about downloading free trials and all that crap in order to process them.
Aubrey bought me a huge roll of white backdrop paper. Our studio is starting to come together nicely.
(Oh ya, I forgot to blog about this. We've turned the spare bedroom in Aubrey's house into our studio. We spent a whole day painting. Silver-blue walls with white trim. We bought some lighting equipment and now we've got some real backdrop material. We can finally ditch the ol' Walmart bedsheets. We also had our first studio shoot last Friday. It also happened to be our first itty bitty baby shoot too. Little Tyson was adorable. Only two weeks old. You can check the photos out here.


Lacey got me the Twilight books and Shari got me that portrait photography book I've been wanting. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good day.

I feel as though, this being my 21st birthday and all, that I should do some reflecting. I don't really want to, but I feel compelled so bear with me.
My life isn't turning out how I had planned. If you would have asked me five years ago what I would be doing right now, I would have said that I would be in school, studying sports medicine, living on campus, and doing all that college stuff.
As it turns out, I'm living with a friend, working for the police department, and starting my own photography business.
I don't date much. I thought I would date a lot more than this. I guess the time will come when the right one comes along, but it's not right now. I'm okay with that. I can be patient. Everything happens for a reason. Right?
Don't tell my dad, but I'm getting a small itch to go back to school. I was looking at the courses required for a degree in photography at UVSC and I got all excited just reading about them. Although, I don't know how that would work out. I'm not ready to quit my job at the police department. I still enjoy it. I want to wait until I don't like it anymore before I quit.
Besides, how would I have time to take classes? Between my full time job, all my photoshoots, editing photos, building our website, perusing Flickr, and blogging...I'm booked.

No comments: