November 21, 2007

As you know, I don't cook. Or if you don't know, you do now.
Personally, I think it's a waste of time.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm all about good food. I just prefer to pay someone to cook it for me.
With that being said, I was in a mood today. A cooking mood. Weird, I know.
So, I suggest that you savor this moment, because these are likely the only recipes I will ever be sharing.
They are two of my most holiday favorites, btw.


Frozen Fruit Salad

~1 bag mini marshmallows
~2 cans crushed pineapple
~5 bananas
~2 bags frozen strawberries
~1 pint whipping cream

Combine marshmallows and pineapple in bowl. Let sit overnight.
Mix in remaining ingredients.
Spoon into paper-lined muffin tins.
Freeze.
(Makes approx. 4 dozen)






Pumpkin Roll

Cake
~2/3 cup pumpkin
~1 cup sugar
~3/4 cup flour
~3 eggs
~1 tsp lemon juice
~2 tsp cinnamon
~1/2 tsp nutmeg
~1 tsp baking powder
~dash of salt

Icing
~1 cup powdered sugar
~8 oz cream cheese
~1/4 cup butter
~1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all cake ingredients together.
Grease and flour cookie sheet. (Well)
Pour mixture into pan and spread with spatula.
Bake for 12-15 min.
Remove from oven and immediately overturn onto dishtowel sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Roll up cake with towel and freeze approx 30 min.
Mix icing ingredients.
Unroll cake and frost with icing.
Re-roll without towel.
Freeze 1-2 hours.




2 comments:

$teve said...

Mmm pumpkin rolls...

Em said...

Very awesome, and I love the illustrated-ness part of the recipes.
Print......