June 12, 2006



There are probably several different ways to define a love/hate relationship. Usually when I think of a love/hate relationship, I think of something that I love, but I hate that I love it.
Like ice cream. I think I can honestly say I love ice cream more than most people. It's so delectably delicious. It's possible that I could eat ice cream for every meal of the day.
But of course with all the pleasure my tastebuds receive, there are also some nasty side effects. Calories, for example. If God was going to create something that tasted so good, why would He make it so deadly to swimsuit season?? It's just not fair.
But recently, I experienced a new kind of love/hate relationship.
Taco Bell. You know, think outside the bun?? Talking chihuahuas?? Yes, thats the one.
Until recently, I would have listed Taco Bell as one of my top fast food joints. However that is no longer the case.
So this love/hate relationship could probably most accurately be described as something I used to love, but now, quite fervently, hate.
Whenever I dine at this particular restaurant, I usually order two of three different menu items.
Supreme Chalupa
Ranchero Chicken Soft Taco
Spicy Chicken Burrito
These choices have always treated me well. However, on my last Taco Bell encounter, that was not the case.
I made a routine lunchtime stop at the Taco Bell in Centerville. I ordered my usual, Supreme Chalupa and Spicy Chicken Burrito.
Not only was our service horrible, the food was cold and hard. Gross.
I was able to choke it down and thought that would be the end of that meal.
Oh no. After a visit to the Walmart bathroom and another one to the side of the road, I was finally rid of that horrid meal.
When I think about it, I'm very saddened by the whole ordeal. I really liked Taco Bell, but now I'm not sure I'll ever be able to eat there again.
So I guess this relationship will have to be defined as something I love, but I sure hate what they did to me.

1 comment:

Debra Durfey said...

I am totally relating to the love of ice cream! I have been known as the Dairy Queen! AKA: Dairy Princess! Hehehe! That princess thing tripped my trigger as well....I am still sorting out the grungies and dumping them ASAP! I am so glad your a dilligent blogger! I love to read but pretty much stink at writing! I love your guts and look forward to more reads! Keep up the GREAT work! YOU ARE AWESOME!!