July 10, 2006


ANGRY, ANGRY, ANGRY! I'M SO ANGRY!!
Ok, I'm not really that angry anymore, but I was. It was amazing how quickly I became consumed by the rage inside of me. I wasn't feeling at all upset ten seconds before I started screaming. But then it hit me and I couldn't scream loud enough. Suddenly it was like a poison that would kill me if I didn't get it out.
Pounding on the floor was great.
Shrieking in Wyatt's face was great.
The howling and yelling and crying was great.
But boy, am I paying the price now. I woke up on Sunday morning and could hardly move. It seemed every muscle in my body had frozen up. I have sore muscles that I didn't even know existed. My hand and feet muscles hurt. My throat muscles hurt. I just hurt all over.
I felt different than everyone else during this process. I was noticing that most everyone else had one or more persons they were angry at. Someone else to scream at. Someone who needed to be punished for the pain they had caused that person.
I was sitting there beforehand trying to figure out who it was I needed to scream at. It wasn't immediately evident who that person was.
It wasn't until Lynell pointed it out that it finally clicked. That person was me.

1 comment:

Debra Durfey said...

Great Work Sam!!! You were awesome! Now it is time to be kind, nice and gentle on yourself. Put down the angry stick and start celebrating YOU!!! YOU ARE WORTH IT!!