July 12, 2006



Some people. I swear.
Let me give you a general idea of the things I deal with at my job. Here's an exerpt of a phone conversation I had this very afternoon. Now keep in mind that this lady was very old and probably senile.
But still!! That's no excuse!!

Me: 911, what is your emergency?

Her: I need help!

Me: Ok ma'am, what's the problem?

Her: I can't figure out how to use the speaker phone!

Me: What?

Her: The speaker phone. I can't figure out how it works!

Me: Ma'am, this is 911.

Her: I know. How do you work it?

Me: Ma'am, 911 is for emergencies only.

Her: Well this is an emergency to me!!

Me: Ma'am 911 is for police and ambulance.

Her: I just need to figure out how to work my speaker phone.

Me: Ok, well is there someone there with you who can help you figure it out?

Her: No, I'm here by myself.

Me: Ok, well ma'am, there's not much I can do for you.

CLICK

Me: Grrrr

No comments: