September 20, 2006



I am not okay.
It is 47 degrees right now.
It is September.
Does anyone else see a problem with this?
I'm about to have a melt down. (Although I supposed that's impossible. More like a freeze up.)
I admit. I did have a bout of the gripes amidst the 100-degree heat wave/no air conditioning in my car episode we had this summer, but I take it all back! I swear on my firstborn child I'll never complain about being hot again!
If this is the alternative, I'd rather swelter in a South American jungle for the rest of my life.
The wind and the rain and cold....(shudder)
I'm at a point in my life where I'm still the newbie at work. Therefore, I get "volunteered" to fetch lunch for the rest of the group nearly every day. Most of the time I don't mind. It gives me a chance to stretch my legs.
But today, what with the torrential downpour and hurricane force winds, trying to balance seven sacks of Wendy's hamburgers and five large sodas whilst trying not to slip and die in a parking lot puddle was not my idea of a good time.
The only thing that made me feel better was watching a much superior co-worker trying to get out of her car, struggle with an umbrella for about five minutes, and ultimately become very wet and even more embarrassed.
Although, I guess I should be feeling bad for my unfortunate mother. She was manning her booth at the Holy Cow boutique all day, and because of a mix-up, had set to up camp outside. The poor dear nearly froze to death and about sold her soul to me when I brought her some hot chocolate.
So I guess things could have been worse.
But still, there's no excuse. After this torture, I will be expecting high 70's/low 80's until well into October, thank you.

No comments: