October 05, 2006


I live an impatient life.
This is not a new development, but I've been deep in thought about it lately.
I'm not one of those super busy people who is constantly running around in circles, picking up the kids, going grocery shopping, cleaning the house, making dinner...
My life is pretty routine. I wake up, go to work, come home, go to sleep. On my days off, I like to sleep in a bit, but I usually don't have big plans of how I'm going to make my day super productive. I typically do whatever I feel like doing. That may or may not be anything productive or useful.
I think my sense of urgency is more of an internal thing. I want everything now and I don't want to wait around.
If I find something I want at the store, I don't waste time shopping around. What? I could get a better deal somewhere else? Not important.
Picture this. I get a brilliant idea. Maybe its something creative, maybe I want to make something, maybe its nothing brilliant at all. Do I wait until the next time I go to the store? No. I drop everything I'm doing, (usually not much), and take a trip down to the store.
What's that you say? It's 11:30 at night? Does that stop me? I think not.
Long term goals are hard for me. Four years of college? Who has time for that?
Thinking about the future? What about now?
I guess I'm just weird.

1 comment:

. said...

SAM! Hey it’s Melissa from alchemist. I was just lookin around on blogger and some how you came up. That’s crazy cool.
Thanks so much for your help today, I really love you, and you are an awesome person. Thanks for showing up for me.