January 27, 2007

I'm getting so frustrated with my creativity. I have all these amazing ideas in my head, but I just can't get them to come out! Whether its a lack of tools or lack of knowledge I don't really know, but it's really bothering me. I want to be amazing. I want to create beautiful things, but I'm just struggling right now. I don't know what it is.
I look at other peoples work and I think, Wow, I want to try that. Wow, that's amazing. Wow, I bet I could do that too.
But I can't.
I will attribute some of my frustration today to the fact that I only had about an hour of sunlight to work with. Once the sun goes down, it makes achieving my ideas that much harder. Especially without the proper tools.
Plus, with little kids running around the house, "Whatcha doin, whatcha doin?" Knocking over my tripod, dog barking, tv blaring...
It's not a very creativity conducive environment.
Oh well, I'll just have to try again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Em said...

Try an infant.....that relies entirely on you to meet his every need and whim.
And no money, nor prospect of money for years to come.
Then you'll know discouraging distraction.

Unknown said...

Be brave, my little one. You are very creative....you just don't know it yet. When are you publishing that picture of Bob? It was great.