February 04, 2007

"Tonight at 9pm Flickr will be down for maintenance for up to four hours. We apologize for the length of this downtime, but we're making some big changes which will enable us to roll out new features faster. So ... it'll be worth it!"

I'm having a mental breakdown. It's now 1:32 AM. I still have 4 hours and 27 minutes left before I can go to sleep. I just don't know what to do with myself. I've lost all comprehension of the vastness of the internet. Without my Flickr, I just can't function. I have nothing to do except stare into the void of my computer screen.
I've read the obituaries twice tonight. I've checked pray4tori.com hoping for an update several times, but to no avail. I'm now watching Steel Magnolias for the millionth time in my life. It's not as funny as it used to be. Or maybe it's just because I'm not hyper.
I'm slowly drifting away into happy-sleep land. I really hope someone doesn't decide to die on me right now. I don't think I'm competant enough to be of much life-saving help at the moment.
All I can say is that this awful Flickr update better be worth it.

2 comments:

Em said...

So, was it?

samunwritten said...

Well...I haven't noticed the slightest difference. I guess it's supposed to help me sleep better knowing all my photos are in a safer photo-land.