November 14, 2006


First of all, lets have a hoo-rah for 50 posts! Yay.
I've had quite the experiences with man's best friend this week.
Sad news. My boyfriend Bowen's puppy Roxy died. She got hit by a car. Sniff.
So I went over to his house last night to give him a big hug and took him out for ice cream.
Later that night, we had a little "funeral" for Roxy. It broke my heart to see Bowen so sad without his puppy. I remember when my rat Squeaks died. It was awful.
So, I got home and was feeling clingy towards my puppy, Cooper. I usually don't ever let him sleep in my room, but I decided to let him last night.
Big mistake.
Now, Cooper is a house trained dog. I never worry about him. But for some unknown reason, he chose last night to have an "accident."
So I had a rude awakening at about 3:30 this morning. It was not pleasant.
An hour of scrubbing up doggy mess later, I'm trying to decide if it was worth it to have my puppy still alive. Cause I almost killed him.

2 comments:

Em said...

Just you wait till you're cleaning up after a baby!

I've had more than my fair share of puppy funerals lately (2 in the last 13 months). I think perhaps they are even sadder than human ones because they are so sparse and small and private. But then again I am a crazy mad animal loving fool who was raised by a crazy mad animal loving veternarian.

Debra Durfey said...

Sam, that made me cry to see my boy and his dog on your sight! I love you and am SO glad you are in our lives! Thanks for all your love and support!